Montessori Children’s House, a nonprofit school located in Portland, OR, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head of School. Situated in the South Waterfront neighborhood, MCH has steadily grown since opening its doors in 2010. The school currently consists of one Toddler Community and two Children’s Houses, serving children aged 15 months through 6 years old. The aim of our work at MCH is to support each child’s natural development, building the capability to become a productive, fulfilled adult who contributes to the world.
The Head of School is responsible for the day-to-day operations at MCH, and works closely with the Board of Directors, families, and staff to ensure that the goals of the school are carried out. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial management
- Staff development, leadership, and recruitment
- Maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Capital development and long-range planning
- Parent communications
- Enrollment and marketing
- Direct assistance to classroom staff
- General office and administrative tasks
- Community relations
- Engagement with the Board
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- AMI diploma along with experience as a Guide in a Montessori environment
- Administrative experience in a school or non-profit setting, with a focus on finances, marketing/enrollment, and staff support
- An unwavering commitment to supporting classroom staff in their work of offering an authentic Montessori experience
- An enthusiasm to uphold an anti-bias and anti-racist (ABAR) approach to their work as a leader and collaborator
Please send your resume and cover letter to the Montessori Children’s House Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This start-date for this position is May/June of 2021.