All job ads are current; once filled, the ad will be removed.
Montessori Children’s House is seeking a Toddler Guide to take the lead of rebuilding a Toddler Community environment that was not in operation during the 2020-2021 school year (but was fully operational 2010-2020, and it well-equipped for a re-start). The hours for this position will be 7:30am – 3:30pm, M-F (hours may be somewhat flexible).
Our preference is to fill the position in time for a January 2022 start. We’d like for the Guide could have at least two weeks to prepare the classroom, get to know colleagues, and orient to the school and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to active engagement within our Anti-Bias and Anti-Racist school community
- AMI Toddler diploma and 3-5 years of teaching experience (Please note, those with non-AMI diplomas and/or less experience will also be considered for the position; current Toddler trainees will also be considered)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A spirit of collaboration, flexibility, and a strong desire to participate fully within the school community
Requirements include active enrollment in Oregon’s Central Background Registry, along with verification of current Infant/Child CPR & First-Aid training, Food Handler’s Certificate, Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (RRCAN), Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety (ICCHS), and Prevention is Better Than Treatment (PBTT) trainings.
MCH is a non-profit school located on Portland’s South Waterfront and is easily accessed by bike and public transportation. Our program is rooted in AMI standards and is composed of encouraging, passionate, and hardworking professionals specializing in authentic Montessori early childhood education. We aim for each child to express comfort and joy with human diversity, to increasingly recognize injustice, and to have the will and the skills to act against prejudice. To learn more about our school, please visit: mch-pdx.org.
Interested applicants are invited submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describing where you are in your professional journey and why you are interested in this job
- Your resume detailing training and experience
- Three references with names, contact information, and how you are connected to them.
MCH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, physical or mental ability, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws in the admission of otherwise qualified students or in the administration of its educational policies or programs, hiring or employment practices.